REELIFE – On-Spot Short Film Making Competition
Let the creativity flow from your thoughts and immerse yourself in On-Spot short film making competition hosted by Communication Design Department on its first convocation on 3rd November 2018.
First Prize: Rs. 20,000/- (Rupees Twenty thousand only)
Second Prize: Rs. 15,000/- (Rupees Fifteen thousand only)
Third Prize: Rs. 10,000/-(Rupees Ten thousand only)
Theme: On Spot @ 10 AM, KSID Campus.
It is a team event (3 – 4 members per team). The contests are open for all students from any educational institution. No technical support will be given by the organizers. The participating teams will have to submit their best videos at 3 PM on the registration desk.
*any person below the age of 35 can participate in the contests even if he is not a current student.
Starts on 20th October 2018. Participants have to email their names, contact address, phone and email addresses. They should also email the photographs in the given email address.
BASIC SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINES:
- Video should be of 5 to 7 minutes that captures the given theme or its essence.
- Each team can submit up to two videos as entries for the contest.
- The idea/concept will be given more importance than the technical quality even though proper credit will be given to direction, acting, cinematography and other technical aspects.
- Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
- Teams are required to provide a unique title & description for each video submitted.
- Post production work is permitted but participants should bring their own video camera/DSLR/mobile phone and all accessories including laptop, microphones for post-production work.
- Videos that portray or otherwise include any kind of vulgarity, offensive matter or inappropriate content, including provocative nudity, violence, human rights and/or environmental violation, and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the law, religious, cultural & moral traditions and practices of India, are strictly prohibited and will be immediately discarded and will not be considered for the contest
- The judging panel shall assess and determine the winning video. The results and the winners will be announced at the venue.
- The decision of the judging panel will be final and binding on all participants in respect to all matters relating to the Contest.
- KSID reserves the right to call for original footage/raw files for the purpose of authentication. Teams unwilling to provide the above maybe disqualified.
- The decision of the judges on all matters related to the selection of winners, evaluation criteria and awards and prize money will be final and binding on all contestants.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS:
- Submitted videos must be fully original, created and/or taken by the contestant. The participating teams should declare whether they have used any material sourced from elsewhere, portion of materials owned or controlled by a third party for which they have not obtained a license etc. The materials taken from elsewhere must not infringe the copyright, trademark, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity etc. Judging panel would decide on whether such videos containing materials taken from elsewhere should be considered for competition.
- Upon making the submission, you grant KSID, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, sub-licensable right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, create derivative works, distribute, have distributed, print, in whole or in part, in any form, in all media forms now or hereafter known, to promote the contest, image, the photographer or for editorial or educative use.
- Under no circumstance will KSID be liable for any:
- a) lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible or incomplete submission.
- b) Error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delays in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, submitted video (s);
- c) Incorrect or inaccurate information, caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the videos and/or the submissions;
d) Injury or damage to any participant or to any computer related to, resulting from or in connection with the contest.
For more details please contact to : Mr.Vishnuprasad No.8848084959